Sometimes we take for granted a vital part of your home’s plumbing system: the sewer system. This type of plumbing carries wastewater away from your home and to the municipal sewer system. If you have a damaged sewer line, it can cause a number of problems, including:
- Clogged drains
- Sewage backing up into your home
- Foul odors
- Pest infestations
- Property damage.
Sewer issues can be serious business for the health and sanitation of your home. If you think you may risk a sewer issue or if you have a problem now, call a plumber as soon as possible. A qualified plumber like DRC Plumbing and Sewer can inspect your sewer line and determine the best course of action for repair.
Types of Sewer Repair
Homeowners face essentially two types of remedies for sewer system problems:
- Sewer line repair: This involves repairing cracks or holes in the sewer line. This can be done using a variety of methods, including trenchless repair and traditional excavation.
- Sewer line replacement: This involves replacing the entire sewer line. Because of the extensive excavation work, this can present a more expensive option. However, sometimes severely damaged sewer lines must be completely replaced.
The cost of sewer repair will vary depending on the extent of the damage and the method of repair that is used. Trenchless repair typically involves less expense than traditional excavation. However, it doesn’t always solve the problem.
If you are a homeowner in the Chicago Southwest Suburbs, you may be wondering who to call for sewer repair. While you might find other plumbers in the area, experienced plumbers like DRC Plumbing and Sewer have the skills, tools, and techniques to get the job done right. Our team has great reviews from satisfied customers. We are members of the Better Business Bureau. Plus we are fully licensed and insured.
Here are some additional tips for preventing sewer line problems:
- Avoid pouring grease, oil, or chemicals down the drain.
- Use a strainer to catch food particles.
- Have a professional inspect your sewer line for leaks and cracks every few years.
By following these tips, you can help keep your sewer line in good condition and prevent costly repairs.
Contact your dependable, reliable, and courteous professional plumber today.